A recent gathering of wealthy individuals for a conversation about philanthropy resulted in a study that revealed the following:
- Giving is alive and well. Some 54% of respondents said they would leave more than 25% of their assets to charity.
- There is a business-like approach to giving. Fifty-three percent of respondents agreed with the statement: “I find applying my business experience to my philanthropy is an effective and successful approach to giving.”
- Motivation to give comes from the heart; respondents said they are motivated by personal values.
- Philanthropists or practiced donors have a clear set of values.
- Family foundations are more important as asset levels grow.
- Today’s philanthropists are creating the base for the next generation of philanthropists.
- Measuring philanthropic impact is challenging to ascertain and is a work in progress.
- Social media is part of a philanthropic strategy, but never a substitute for personal time and commitment.
View the Stewardship Advocates Powerpoint below to learn more. Then download it and show it at a parish council meeting.
Download, view and print the Powerpoint as a PDF here: Parish Endowment